My immediate reaction was that Timmy, or his employer, should be using Appdome’s Mobile Permission Control to better control the privacy settings in his mobile apps.
Tom also points to a recent GlobalWebIndex survey. The results are very telling. Large majorities of consumers are concerned that the Internet is eroding their personal privacy. And they are even more worried about how their personal data is being used by companies.
Better Mobile Privacy
So how can organizations better protect the mobile privacy of Timmy and his colleagues?
With Mobile Permission Control, organizations can disable certain features in the business apps their employees use. As a result, the organization’s data will be safer and more secure, while the end users enjoy better mobile privacy. In other words, companies do not need to sacrifice the privacy or user experience of their mobile users in order to provide secure mobile access in the workplace.
The following features can be disabled in seconds with no code or coding:
- Prevent App Screen Sharing – Prevents the screen from being captured or projected on non-secure screens
- Blur Application screen – Obscures screenshots to prevent sensitive mobile data from being exposed
- Prohibit Local Contacts – Prevents users from importing local contacts to the app.
- Prohibit Local Calendar – Prevents importing local calendar to the app.
- In-App Calls Only – Ensures all calls are made using the apps native dialer when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate phone apps when a phone number is clicked within the app.
- In-App Messages Only – This option ensures all message are made using the app’s native messaging service, when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate messaging apps when a contact is clicked within the app.
- Prohibit Camera – Prevents access to the camera by the app.
- Prohibit Camera via Image Requests (Android only) – Disables the app from accessing images from external sources including the camera app and gallery.
- Prohibit Microphone – Prevents access to the microphone by the app.
- Prohibit Location – Prevents access to the device’s location (GPS, GLONASS, etc…) by the app.
Easy to Implement
Appdome’s no-code mobile integration platform (IPaaS) and point-and-click UI makes it very easy to add one, some or all of the Mobile Permission Controls to Android and iOS apps in seconds – no-code or coding required. Appdome is designed to be compatible with mobile apps built in any development environment or framework. As a result, Appdome streamlines implementations, cuts development work, and ensures a guaranteed and consistent integration to any mobile app. Implementing these features takes less time than it takes to read this blog.
In addition, Mobile Permission Control can be in stand-alone or managed mode. The stand-alone mode provides always-on protection against mobile app access to device level or personal resources on the phone. In managed mode, Mobile Permission Control can be managed by an enterprise mobility management system, including MDM and MAM systems.