How to Subscribe Mobile Apps to Protection Templates in DevSecOps Build System
Automating your mobile integration life-cycle for iOS and Android apps is a great way to successfully reach mobile app outcomes very easily. Mobile integration life-cycle for SDKs and API integration accelerates release cycles and improves mobile app delivery.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to use Appdome-DEV™ to accelerate mobile app integration lifecycle workflows.
We hope you find this knowledge base useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Appdome-DEV™ Mobile App Integration Automation
Appdome-DEV helps you integrate your iOS and Android apps with SDKs and APIs from different vendors all in a few minutes. You can save templates with these SDKs and APIs that can be applied to all of your apps Built on Appdome. When you apply these templates to all apps when you add new apps they can also be subscribed to these Fusion Sets. You can also setup Build-to-Publish APIs with Appdome-DEV to automate end-to-end mobile integration lifecycle.
Typically, mobile developers work hard to add and maintain mobile SDK/API and third-party service in apps. Creating continuous integration and continuous delivery is the way to improve mobile app delivery speed and quality. With Appdome, the line-by-line, manual development work required to add SDK/APIs and other services to apps is gone. This also includes any required mobile standard, framework, method and workflow needed inside the mobile app. Bottom line, developers can simply build great apps, focusing their attention on the use case and user experience needed in the app. After building the app, anyone can use Appdome to automatically add third-party services as a final step in the CI/CD workflow.
Prerequisites for using Appdome-DEV for Mobile App Integration
- Appdome account – IDEAL or Higher.
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- Appdome-DEV access – Appdome Service Delivery can set you up with this
- Note – If you’d like to set up the build-to-publish API you will have to request API access
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
How to Use Appdome-DEV to Automate Mobile App Integration
To add mobile services (SDKs or APIs) to any mobile App:
- Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
Follow these steps to add a mobile app to your Appdome account.
If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
- Go to the Build tab to find different services, SDKs, and Identity categories that you can apply to the app you are Building.
- Select the features you would like applied to your app.
- Click on your Fusion Set.
– You can Subscribe All of your iOS and Android Apps to this Fusion Set
– You can Copy everything in this Fusion set to another one that you can modify – You can view your API down from the Fusion set by clicking the details.
- Copy your Fusion Set API key and complete Fusions over curl commands with your Appdome User API Token.
- After logging in, click your name on the right-hand corner and go to My Profile, where you can access the API Token for your accountCongratulations! When your integration is complete, you will see the notice below. You now have a mobile app fully integrated with Appdome-DEV.
After Using Appdome-DEV to Automate Mobile App Integration
After you have used Appdome-DEV on Appdome, there are a few additional steps needed to complete your mobile integration project.
Add Context™ to the Appdome Built App
Appdome is a fully featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context, please read this knowledge base article.
Sign the Appdome Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome Built app, it must be signed. Signing iOS apps and Signing Android apps are easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Appdome Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome Built app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Fused apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for Okta SSO in your app!
How Do I Learn More?
Check out Appdome blog or request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to make mobile integration easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.