Fusion Set Freeze - Locked Security Templates for iOS, Android Apps
Learn how DevSecOps teams use Appdome’s Freeze Fusion Set feature to lock-in an approved set of security features for iOS and Android apps, which can be optionally tied to a specific Appdome version. This enables organizations to build and secure apps at DevSecOps speed, while simultaneously ensuring continuity and change control standards are met.
What is the Appdome Freeze Fusion Set Feature?
Appdome’s Freeze Fusion Set feature allows customers to lock (or ‘freeze’) the Fusion Set configuration/settings (ie: the security features included in your app) and/or the Appdome version associated with a mobile application secured using Appdome.
How Does Appdome’s Freeze Fusion Set Feature Work?
This Knowledge Base article covers how to use Appdome’s Freeze Fusion Set feature in order to “lock-in” a consistent security model comprised of their required security features, and standardize on a known Appdome build/release, as part of their change and version control practices.
For Appdome licensed customers, there are several options for using the Freeze Fusion Set feature:
- Freeze Fusion Set – This option freezes the security features that will be built into the mobile application
- Freeze Appdome Version – This option freezes the Appdome version. (This option is licensed separately).
- Freeze Fusion Set and Appdome Version – This option freezes both the security features as well as the Appdome version
How to Use Freeze Fusion Sets
Follow these steps by step instructions to use the Freeze Fusion Set feature
- Open a Fusion Set that you want to freeze (or create a new one) and Select Enable Fusion Set Freeze
- Select Freeze Fusion Set if you want to freeze the Fusion Set only.
- Optionally, also select Freeze Appdome Version if you want to freeze both the Fusion Set and the Appdome Version.
Sharing Fusion Sets With Another Appdome Team
If you share a Fusion Set with another Team, you have the option to include the Freeze Settings or not. To learn more about sharing fusion sets with another team, read this KB article.
Unfreezing Fusion Sets
To Unfreeze a Fusion Set or Unfreeze the Appdome Version, click on Manage Freeze Fusion Settings
- ‘Uncheck’ Freeze Fusion Set (if you want to unfreeze the Fusion Set settings to build different security features into the app)
- Uncheck’ Freeze Appdome Version (if you want to unfreeze the Appdome Version).
Note: Unfreezing the Appdome Version will automatically apply the most current Appdome version for ALL apps subscribed to the Fusion Set. To avoid mistakes, a double-confirmation is required to Unfreeze the Appdome Version.
Additional Info About Freeze Fusion Sets
- Whenever you add an app to Appdome, a default Playground Fusion Set is created for each app. The Playground Fusion Set cannot be frozen. If you want to freeze the Playground Fusion Set, make a copy of it following the steps outlined in this KB article.
- When You enable Freeze Fusion Set the freeze settings will apply to all apps that are subscribed to that Fusion Set.
- There is a unique Freeze Fusion Set entitlement, which can be managed as part of an Appdome Team. Check out this KB to learn more about managing Team entitlements.
Prerequisites for using Appdome Fusion Sets
In order to use Appdome Fusion Sets features, you’ll need:
- Appdome account – IDEAL-DEV or higher
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- A license to Freeze Fusion Set
- A license to Freeze Appdome Version (licensed separately from Freeze Fusion Set)
No Coding Dependency
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites to build secured Android and iOS apps using Freeze Fusion Sets. There is no SDK and no library to manually code or implement in the app. The Appdome technology adds the relevant standards, frameworks, and logic to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How To Learn More
For more information on how to build an app, and the wide range of options, read this KB article. Below are related KB articles on Fusion Sets:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
To zoom out on this topic, visit the Appdome platform page on our website.