How to Release Mobile App Security Templates between Teams
In the mobile industry, the mobile app security release process is shared between different teams – Development, Security, Operations, QA, Production, etc. Each team passes the final product to the next team in the chain. Sharing tested and working Fusion Sets is the way to achieve a smooth process from development all the way to production.
This Knowledge Base article describes how to release a Fusion Set security template with other Appdome Teams as part of the security release management process.
How to Release Fusion Sets between Teams
Appdome provides the ability to Release Fusion Sets across all teams and apps in an account. This way, Appdome users avoid repeating the same configuration tasks for each app in each team, which is tedious, time-consuming and error-prone.
How To Use Appdome Release Fusion Set (without separation of duties)
Follow these step-by-step instructions to Release a Fusion Set with another Appdome Team.
- Add a mobile app to your Appdome account. If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
- Go to My Fusion Set dropdown and select “Release Fusion Set” (which becomes visible when hovering)
- Or go to Fusion Set Details and select “Release Fusion Set“
Expand the drop-down menu and select the team that you want to Release the Fusion Set to.
Note, if your release process or organization requires compliance with a separation of duties process, use the Release Fusion Set to New Team option instead.
Optionally, enable the check box for Include Fusion Set Freeze Settings if you wish to freeze the Fusion Set (optional).
- To Release the Fusion Set with specific app settings (e.g., context and app-signing settings and credentials, etc) check the box “Include App Specific Settings“. Then select the app from the dropdown list (optional).
- Click the Release button to release the Fusion set to the other team.
You will automatically be redirected to the team you released your Fusion Set to. If you released an iOS Fusion Set, it will appear for all iOS apps of that team, and if you released an Android Fusion Sets it will appear for all Android apps.
After you have released your Fusion Set with another team, entitled members of that team can use it to build apps on that team.
Prerequisites to Release Fusion Sets
To be able to Release Fusion Sets, you’ll need:
How Do I Learn More?
Here are some related KBs on managing and releasing Fusion Sets as part of a Security Release Management:
You can request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.