This Knowledge Base article describes how to share your fused builds with other teams and enhance your workflow. This feature is known as Flex-Release – Shareable Fused Apps.
How to Share Secured Mobile App Builds between Teams – with Flex Release
Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features in mobile apps.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps without coding. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites to build secured apps. There is no SDK and no library to manually code or implement in the app. The Appdome technology adds the relevant standards, frameworks, stores, and logic to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
Among many other features, Appdome-DEV provides the ability to share fused builds across all teams. This way, Appdome users avoid doing the same thing for each app in each team, which is frustrating and error-prone.
Prerequisites for sharing secured mobile app build
To be able to share builds, you’ll need:
- An Appdome account – IDEAL or Higher.
- Use Appdome for Teams
- Mobile App – Android (.apk or .aab) or iOS (.ipa)
6 Easy Steps to Share Secured Mobile App Builds between Teams
Follow these step-by-step instructions to share a fused build with any of your teams:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
Please follow these steps to add a mobile app to your Appdome account.
If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
Share a fused build with other Teams
- Press the workspace selection drop-down menu at the top left of your screen and select the team that contains the app with the built app that you want to share.
- Select the relevant app and click the Build history icon at the bottom of the page to open your workflow summary, or go to the ‘Deploy’ tab and press on the “Workflow Summary” button.
- Again, click the Build history icon to open the history of all builds executed by your current team.
- Choose the fused build you would like to share with another team by clicking on the share icon on the right.
- Now you can choose the team you want to share the fused build with and click on “Share”.
Note: iOS builds can only be shared with other iOS apps, and Android builds can only be shared with other Android apps.
- You will automatically be redirected to the team you shared your fused build with.
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How Do I Learn More?
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to make mobile integration easy.
We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.