3 Easy Steps to Encrypt Plists in iOS apps
Please follow these 3 easy steps to Encrypt Plists in iOS apps using Appdome.
- Upload a mobile app to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under HackZero, Select Anti-fraud and Toggle on Encrypt Plist(shown below)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The app is now protected with Plist encryption.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps with Plist encryption. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Additional Information About Plist Encryption
Every app and plug-in uses info.plist to store data so the system can easily access it. The following key types cannot be encrypted because they need to be accessible to both the OS and the application:
- Core Foundation Keys (start with CF prefix),
- Cocoa Keys (start with NS prefix),
- iOS Keys (start with UI prefix),
- DT Xocde keys (start with DT prefix),
When you submit the secured app to Apple’s App Store, the above keys should be left unencrypted either because they are core foundation keys, define the target platform for the app (iOS, watchOS, etc.), used to configure the appearance of your app at launch and runtime or are added by Apple via Xcode.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- A license to Encrypt Plist
- Mobile App (.apk or .aab for Android, .ipa for iOS)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Apps
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Mobile App Security Resources
Here are a few related resources:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.