Why Should Mobile Developers Block FRIDA to Protect Android and iOS Apps?
FRIDA is used by hackers to dynamically instrument Android apps, by taking advantage of elevated privileges like Root.
Here are the top 7 ways Hackers use FRIDA to Compromise Mobile Apps:
- Monitor encryption calls and capture details about the encryption type and keys in use
- Trace method calls during the application runtime to understand the inner workings of the application.
- Hook functions, methods or APIs for the purpose of replacing the app’s code with malicious code or operations
- Intercept a mobile game’s network traffic
- Obtain shell access to control or take over a mobile app or device remotely
- Dynamically inject code or malware after Rooting
- Bypass Rooting detection mechanisms, or turn off anti-tampering protections that have been hardcoded into the app’s source code
Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like FRIDA protection into any Android and iOS apps. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent advanced tools from hacking Android and iOS apps.
Appdome’s Block FRIDA Toolkits detects and blocks hackers from using FRIDA to perform malicious activities against Android and iOS apps.
Appdome Anti-Reversing protection along with Anti-Tampering and Anti-Debugging defend any mobile app from being tampered and debugged by malicious attackers. With Appdome’s Prevent FRIDA Toolkits, Appdome hardens this defense and prevents hackers from using FRIDA dynamic instrumentation.
3 Easy Steps to Block FRIDA Toolkits from Hacking Android and iOS Apps
Please follow these 3 easy steps to Block FRIDA Toolkits
- Upload a mobile app to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk or .aab or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, go to HackZero, browse to Anti-Hacking, and enable the Toggle for Block Frida Toolkits(shown below)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The app is now protected against FRIDA Toolkits.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps against malicious use of FRIDA. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Here’s what you need to build secured apps with Block FRIDA Toolkits.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- Mobile App (.apk or .aab)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How To Learn More
Check out the following related KB articles:
Check out the full menu of features in the Appdome Mobile Security Suite
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Or request a demo at any time.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.