How to Prevent Abuse of Android AccessibilityService
Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like Detect Accessibility Abuse to any Android app without coding. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent Accessibility Abuse.
Appdome Detect AccessibilityService detects installed applications with AccessibilityService permission enabled. If detected, the default behavior is for the protected app to exit/close after displaying a message to the user. Optionally, developers can instrument different enforcement/response actions by using Appdome Threat Events.
When you enable Appdome’s Detect Accessibility Abuse feature, you can specify a list of apps for which you want to Allow AccessibilityServices. Apps that you Allow AccessibilityServices for will not trigger the Appdome protection.
4 Easy Steps to Detect Accessibility Abuse in Android apps
Please follow these 4 easy steps to protect Android apps using Detect Accessibility Abuse and to specify a list of apps to Allow AccessibilityService for
- Upload an Android App to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk or .aab)
- In the Build Tab, Select Anti-Fraud click on Mobile Fraud Prevention toggle on Detect Accessibility Abuse (shown below)
- Next to Allow Accessibility with Specified Apps, Click on Add then list the bundle id’s of the apps you want to Allow AccessibilityService for
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The Android app is now protected against Accessibility Abuse
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android apps against Accessibility Abuse. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- A license to Detect Accessibility Abuse
- Mobile App binary
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Mobile Secured Mobile Apps Using Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How to Learn More
Here are a few related resources:
Check out the Appdome Mobile Fraud Prevention solution page.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.