How to Open Non App URLs In Native Browser With Secure PWA
Learn how to create a Secure PWA which opens non-app URLs using the mobile device’s native browser.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to use the Open Non-app URLs in Native Browser feature when building an app using Appdome Secure PWA. With this feature enabled, the device’s native browser will be used to launch URLs that are not a sub-domain of the application.
What is Appdome Secure PWA?
Appdome Secure PWA is a no-code mobile development framework that enables anyone to convert any website into a mobile application in minutes – no code or coding required. Using Appdome, anyone can build a progressive web app (PWA) that runs on any iOS or Android device with a native-like experience. The only thing you need to convert any website into a mobile application is a reachable website. Simply input an existing URL into Appdome’s app builder, select your choice of platform (Android, iOS, or cross-platform), and click Convert To App. Within minutes, the Appdome platform automatically converts the website into a mobile application that will run natively on any mobile device for the platform you selected.
Once you have created your mobile application, you can optionally implement your choice of Appdome mobile app security features and build your custom security model directly into the app – all within the same no-code workflow.
4 Easy Steps To Create a Secure PWA that Opens Non-app URLs Using the Native Browser
Follow these step-by-step instructions to build a Secure PWA that uses caching so that app relaunches load the last page visited.
- From the Add App tab, Select Create Secure PWA™ and enter the website address for the website you wish to convert (Note, enter the full address, and ensure that the URL is reachable).
- Choose an App Name, then Choose the App platform: iOS, Android or both.
- For iOS – upload the Provisioning Profile.
- Under Navigation Options, enable Open Non-App URLs in Native Browser
- Click Convert To App
Congratulations! Your PWA has been created! You can find your secure PWA in your Appdome account on the left navigation menu.
Prerequisites for Using Appdome’s Secure PWA
- Appdome account
- A license to Appdome Secure PWA
- A reachable website (URL)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
After Building Your PWA
After successfully converting a website into a secure PWA, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How To Learn More?
- See KB article related to this feature below:
- To learn about all optional features available with Secure PWA, please visit the main Secure PWA KB article.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.