This Knowledge Base article provides a brief introduction to Appdome’s REST API, which enables high productivity mobile organizations to fully automate the building process at Appdome and incorporate Appdome as part of their automated deployment toolsets and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflows.
We hope you find this knowledge base useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Appdome REST API
The Appdome REST API enables an enterprise or DevOps group to integrate Appdome directly into any continuous development or mobile deployment environment, including automated build scripts.
For instance, you might be using a tool like Jenkins to automatically deploy a new build environment every night at 4 am. The Appdome Fusion REST API could be used to Fuse a pre-defined set of Fusion Sets as part of that automated build process, resulting in full automation of your entire workflow.
Prerequisites for using REST API
In order to use Appdome’s REST API, you’ll need:
- Appdome account – IDEAL or higher.
- Appdome-DEV access
- Appdome-DEV API access – Verify with Appdome support your account has this access
- Build to Publish
- Single Tasks (Upload, Build, Add Context, Sign, Download and Deploy)
- Get Team Audit Logs and Status
Using the Appdome REST API
Getting and resetting your API Token
Once you have access to Appdome’s API service, you can get (or reset) your API authentication token from your profile page:
- Click on the User Menu.
- Select “My Profile“.
- Under “My Plan” you can copy your API token,
- or Reset the Token
Getting a Team’s API Key
If you want to send API command to a team (in order to use the team’s Fusion Sets and settings), you will have to use the Team’s API Key (note: The team’s class must also be DEV).
- Click the Teams button.
- Go to the Manage Teams page.
- Click the “…” menu next to the Team (it appears on hover).
- Copy the Team API Key.
Getting a fusion set’s API key
Most API requests use a pre-defined fusion set to configure the task’s settings. Once you have configured a Fusion Set with the features you want to add to your apps you can use the fusion set’s API key to refer to it when sending requests.
To use a Fusion Set with an API request, it must have gone through the Build, Add Context and Sign at least once on the platform (with GUI)
- Once you have configured and completed the Fusion Set (with any app of the desired platform), Select it from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “…” menu for your set.
- You can Lock the Fusion Set to prevent changes.
- Copy the Fusion Set’s API Key
You can start by uploading an app with the Single Tasks REST API, or go on to use the Build to Publish REST API for a complete cycle.
How Do I Learn More
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.