Integrating the BlackBerry SDK into mobile apps enables you to leverage BlackBerry Control’s EMM features to protect and manage the app’s deployment and behavior. Once the app is uploaded to BlackBerry Control, it can be deployed selectively and managed with BlackBerry’s policies.
This Knowledge Base article covers the steps to distribute mobile apps fused with BlackBerry Dynamics SDK using BlackBerry Control (Previously Good Control) management console.
The following prerequisite tasks need to be completed prior to distributing your apps with BlackBerry Control.
- Your mobile app is fused with the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK.
- Your mobile app is signed.
- You have a configured and accessible instance of BlackBerry Control.
How To Deploy Mobile Apps Integrated with the BlackBerry SDK to BlackBerry Control
Upload Your Fused App to BlackBerry Control
BlackBerry manages mobile apps with the App Entitlement object. This object handles binary files, policies and configurations, and user assignments. When you upload a fused app to BlackBerry Control, you also create an app entitlement for the app. A single app entitlement can store and manage several versions of an app, as well as binaries for both iOS and Android.
To create an app entitlement and upload a fused app follow these steps:
1. Navigate to BlackBerry Control within your web browser and Log in.
2. Click Manage Apps.
3. Click the Add App.
4. On the selection window. Select Custom.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Choose File and locate the fused app.
7. Click Add App.
8. Wait for the upload to finish.
9. Click Add App.
*After creating the app entitlement, you will be automatically navigated to the app entitlement edit page. You can see the fused app you uploaded in the Package table under the tab for the corresponding platform.
Assigning the App to a User
1. Click Users and Groups.
2. Click on the Username to which you want to assign the app.
3. Click APPS.
4. Click Add More.
5. In the opened search window: A. Search for the app’s name. B. Click the “V” mark. C. Check the app you want to assign in the list (you need to assign each version). D. Click OK.
The app is now assigned to the user.
To read more about users and groups, please see the Users and Groups (page 70) in the Good Control Admin Help Manual.
How Do I Learn More?
To learn more about using BlackBerry Control, refer to the Good Control Admin Help Manual.
To make sure your app is properly fused with BlackBerry Dynamics SDK, check out: Add BlackBerry Dynamics SDK to Mobile Apps.