AppConfig in Mobile Apps | All EMMs
AppConfig is a method for application configuration and management for MDM (Mobile Device Management) managed devices and is different from MAM (Mobile App Management) in that respect that in MDM setup entire device is managed, while in MAM (Mobile App Management) a vendor manages each application separately. Appdome offers three distinct ways configuration can be added to your application with no coding required. If your device is managed with MDM setup, keep reading this article. In case you choose to work with an EMM suite to manage your applications in MAM setup, please refer to articles on Intune, VMWare Workspace ONE (AirWatch), IBM MaaS360, Mobileiron or BlackBerry Good. If you want neither, and you want static custom values to be added to your application, go to App Configuration article.
About Implementing MDM AppConfig
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. Likewise, there are no required infrastructure changes and no dependency on specific MDM suite. The Appdome technology adds AppConfig to the app automatically with no manual development work at all.
With Appdome, mobile apps will use AppConfig as if it was natively coded to the app. Appdome for AppConfig is compatible with mobile apps built in any development environment including Native Android and iOS apps, hybrid apps and non-native apps built in Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native, Ionic and more. This streamlines implementations, cuts development work, and ensures a guaranteed and consistent integration of AppConfig to any mobile app.
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily implement AppConfig to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Prerequisites for Using Appdome for AppConfig
- In order to use Appdome’s no code implementation of AppConfig on Appdome, you’ll need:
- Appdome account
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- MDM configuration on your device
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
How to Add AppConfig to Any Mobile App on Appdome
Follow these step-by-step instructions to add AppConfig to Any Mobile App:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
From the Build tab, Add AppConfig
Select the Build Tab.
Beneath the Build Tab, you will find several service options. Select the Management tab.
- Then, find EMM Services under the Service selection heading.
- Enable EMM Services and open the drop-down list.
- Next, choose the ONE AppConfig by Appdome from the dropdown list.
- Click Build My App
When you build your application with ONE AppConfig by Appdome, all the following features are enabled automatically to your app:
- Data-at-Rest Encryption – Sets up a secure and encrypted file container for the application data.
- Copy-Paste Prevention – Resetics clipboard functionality to no protected applications.
- Disable Screen Capture – Block screenshot functionality in the protected app and blur the application screenshot in the switchboard.
- Jailbreak/Root prevention – Diables app launch on jailbroken/rooted devices.
- Password /TouchID – Use AppConfig to turn on Fingerprint/Pincode authentication in your app.
- Favor Native iOS/Android Security – Leverage existing iOS/Android built-in security mechanisms where applicable.
After Adding AppConfig to a Mobile App on Appdome
After you have added AppConfig to any Mobile App on Appdome, there are a few additional steps needed to complete your mobile integration project.
Add Context™ to the Appdome Built App
Appdome is a full-featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context™, please read this knowledge base article.
Sign the AppConfig Enabled Appdome-Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome-Built app, it must be signed. Signing iOS app and Signing an Android app is easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app, and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Appdome-Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome-Built app, you can download it to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Fused apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for AppConfig in your app!