Enabling Apple WatchKit Support During Signing
WatchKit is a framework provided by Apple in order to develop interfaces for Apple Watch applications.
When enabling Apple WatchKit support in a Fused app, the app must be signed using multiple provisioning profiles. Appdome enables signing apps on the platform using provisioning profiles. All you need to do is ensure you create the proper provisioning profiles on the Apple developer site. This article will help you with that.
This Knowledge Base article summaries the steps needed to use Appdome to enable Apple WatchKit support during signing.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Enabling Apple WatchKit Support During Signing
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate third party SDKs, APIs and mobile services to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
How to enable Apple WatchKit Support During Signing
To sign an app that supports an Apple WatchKit, you will need to create three provisioning profiles on the Apple developer site. Log in to the Apple Developer Site.
1. Provisioning profile for the main app bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID:
- Create and download a provisioning profile that uses the APP ID above:
2. Provisioning profile with the main app watchkitapp bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID = <main app bundle ID>.watchkitapp
- Create and download a provisioning profile for the watchkitapp that uses the APP ID above:
3. Provisioning profile with the main app watchkitextension bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID = <main app bundle ID>.watchkitextension
- Create and download a provisioning profile for the watchkitextension that uses the APP ID above:
After you create the provisioning profiles, you can add them when you sign the app. To sign the app, choose and enter the following:
- Provisioning profiles
When adding the provisioning profiles, select the link to Add Multiple Provisioning Profiles
Then for each provisioning profile, click Add file, and add each provisioning profile:
- Click Sign My App
The technology behind signing on Appdome, identifies which provisioning profiles match each iOS executable and signs the application correctly
Congratulations! When your signing is complete, you will see the notice below. You now have a mobile app signed by multiple provisioning profiles.
Distribute the Appdome-Fused App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome-Fused app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Fused apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for AppConfig in your app!