Automatically Distribute Apps to Google Play Store
Application developers need faster and more efficient ways to get their apps into the hands of their users. In particular, they want a way to automatically distribute apps to the Google Play Store to ensure continuous integration and evolution of mobile apps.
On Appdome, application developers have the ability to automatically distribute their apps to the Play Store. This knowledge base article provides a step-by-step guide on how to automatically distribute apps to the Google Play Store.
This knowledge base article provides a step-by-step manual on how to automatically distribute an application to the Google Play Store.
Prerequisites for Using Automatic Deploy to Google Play Store on Appdome
- Appdome account – IDEAL or Higher
- Appdome-DEV access
- Mobile App – iOS (.ipa)
- Google play account
- Service account
How to Distribute Apps to Google Play Store Automatically
- In order to deploy an application to Google Play Store, you must first create and upload your application to the Google Play Store.
- Once you have uploaded your app, follow this article explaining how to create a Service Account.
- Then create and download a JSON key for the created account.
- Once you have finished Fusing and signing the app, click “Next.” You’ll be transferred to the “Deploy” tab.
- Click the toggle to enable “Automatic Deploy” in the App Deployment accordion and choose Google Play in the Deploy Service drop-down.
- Upload the JSON Service Account Key you have created earlier.
Finally, select the desired track and platform (explained in Google Play Console Help) – and then click on “Deploy My Built App” on the button right.
The deployment process will take a few moments. Once successful, you’ll receive a message and an email notifying you that your enterprise app has been successfully distributed to the Play Store.
If you implement the security provider update process to the MNP app, the security provider update process will work with the Appdome Fused app.
How Do I Learn More?
For common error codes view this article.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.