Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs, and APIs to Android and iOS apps.
This Knowledge Base article provides step-by-step instructions on how to Build apps with your desired features and successfully integrate services to your Android and iOS mobile apps using the Appdome platform.
We hope you find this knowledge base useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Appdome’s Patented Build Technology
Appdome’s is a unique, patented, mobile integration automation technology that allows an authorized user to point, click and integrate any external feature set(s) to one or more mobile apps in minutes (sometimes, seconds). Appdome’s Building Fusion is offered exclusively via the Appdome platform.
The Appdome Building Fusion process allows multiple mobile integration projects to be completed in parallel, leveraging a variety of productivity and collaboration tools. Individuals or teams can use Appdome’s Mobile Integration Workflow, allowing organizational audibility, traceability, and accountability in completing mobile integration projects.
Prerequisites to Building Services to Apps on Appdome
In order to Build an app on Appdome, you’ll need:
How to Add Services to Apps on Appdome
This is an End-to-End process.
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
- Sign in to your Appdome account. If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
- Please follow these steps to upload a mobile app to your Appdome account.
In a few seconds, your upload will be completed. The app will be added to your App Library.
- In this example, I chose to work with the Jive Daily mobile app (Jive is one of the commercial (ISV) binaries available in our available App Library).
- Note at the top of the screen that we keep a version history of all your uploads, so you don’t need to track this yourself.
You may notice, that the Jive app was already previously uploaded to the Appdome platform.
- After selecting your mobile app, click Start Building.
Build Services in Apps
4. Select the Build tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
5. Beneath the Build tab, you will find several service options. Select the Service Category which contains the services or features that you want to integrate with your app.
A common use case is to integrate a mobile management SDK with your app so that your app can be managed by your EMM / MAM solution.
In the screenshot below, I have selected to integrate my app with Microsoft Intune SDK. This can be found under the Building Management service category.
When I will complete the app Build, the entire Intune SDK is going to be integrated within the Jive mobile app, creating a new app binary at the end.
6. Click Management under the Build tab to get to the Fusion Settings.
7. Enable or “turn on” EMM Services on the Appdome platform.
8. Next, choose the EMM Service you’d like to add from the dropdown list.
Appdome enables you to add different features and SDKs to a single app binary at the same time!
In this example below, I also choose to fuse the Jive app with Appdome’s own mobile security suite, which includes six categories of security and mobile app protections, covering literally every major mobile security category that matters.
9. Click the Security service category under the Build tab, and enable the required features.
10. Once you’ve made all your services and features configuration, you are ready to Build.
11. Click Build My App and all of the selections that you made above will be integrated into the app binary.
NOTE: The Building process takes approximately one minute to complete. Wow, that’s cool!
Congratulations! You now have a mobile app fully integrated with Appdome’s features and services.
Add Context™ to the Appdome Built App
11. Optionally, you can now customize your Built Fused app. Within Appdome’s Context™ suite, users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
Select the Context™ tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
Sign your Appdome Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome-Fused app, it must be signed. Appdome allows you to choose from the following options:
- You can sign your app through the Appdome platform. Signing iOS app and Signing an Android app is easy using Appdome. (recommended)
- You can choose Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
- You can sit back and chill, do nothing, and make the decision later. We will save all your fused apps in the App Library, and they’ll be waiting for you in the exact state that you last worked on them.
In this example, I also choose to sign the fuzed Jive app using Appdome’s built-in signing mechanism.
12. Select the Sign tab and fill in the required fields (in this example: the Keystore, Keystore password and alias).
Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
Deploy the Appdome Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome Built app, select the Deploy tab. You can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice.
- You can also enable Automatic Deploy to public app stores such as Google Play or Apple’s iOS AppStore, or you can deploy to your own enterprise app store.
- For more information on deploying your Appdome Built Fused app(s), please read this knowledge base.
How to View statistics on the Appdome platform
Select the View tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
Here is a detailed graphical view of account activities over the last 15 days:
Detailed view of all activities over the last 15 days:
That is it – we conclude the demonstration. That’s a quick end-to-end tutorial of fusing an app, and although we didn’t cover every feature, this should have provided you a pretty good idea into some of the core functions of Appdome app Building and give you a glimpse of the significant efficiencies that Appdome can provide to accelerate your deployment of mobile apps in the enterprise.
How Do I Learn More?
If you have any questions around how to Fuse services to apps, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.