Appdome’s offers mobile app developers and app markers a private workspace, called the “App Library,” to collaborate with others on App Development. Using the Library, app makers can make their mobile apps accessible to development, mobility, security, and other teams within customer organizations. Using the app Library, enterprise customers, partners, and outsourced development teams can customize Android and iOS apps quickly and easily.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to list a mobile app in Appdome’s App Library to facilitate mobile integration work by customers, partners, and others.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Appdome for App Publishers – App Library
Appdome for App Publishers is a unique, first of its kind technology service that allows best in class Mobile App Makers to privately, safely and efficiently provide access to mobile apps and empower enterprise customers and partners to complete mobile integration projects themselves. Enterprise environments vary and a greater range of mobile development is occurring outside and between organizations. Mobile App Makers can use Appdome to simplify development, speed mobile app lifecycle and encourage customization and innovation with and among customers, partners and others.
Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate third-party SDKs, APIs, and mobile services to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required. Appdome makes its App Library available exclusively to Mobile App Makers, their customers and partners to facilitate innovation and collaboration between the creators of mobile apps, their customers and partners.
Apps listed in Appdome’s App Library are made available to Appdome users solely for the purpose of customizing the app to suit specific use cases as needed by the requesting organization. From the App Library, Appdome users can add the app to their individual account, and from there, Fuse-to-Add services to the app via Appdome.
The Appdome App Library is a perfect alternative to public listings of .IPA and .APK files. All listings in Appdome’s App Library are private. This means that there is no public facing access point for mobile end users or others to reach apps listed in Appdome’s App Library. Also, there is no direct-download option (i.e., no way to extract the app from Appdome) without a completed Appdome-Integration project. Listings in Appdome’s App Library can be “Available” (i.e., available to all Appdome users) or “Promo-Code Gated” (available to only those Appdome users with the appropriate promo-code).
Prerequisite Tasks to Adding Apps to App Library
How to Publish an App in Appdome’s App Library
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
Please follow these steps to add a mobile app to your Appdome account.
If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
If your account class is not Ideal Publisher, follow how to become a publisher on appdome app library.
Start Publish App Wizard
- Choose the app from your account’s apps.
- Click on the book icon to start the wizard.
The “App Details” slide will appear. This slide contains the app’s metadata information that will appear in Appdome App Library.
- Added By – The copyrights owner of the app
– Default placeholder is the user’s company.
– The field is limited to 250 characters.
- Description – Short explanation on the app.
– The field is limited to 5000 characters.
– Descriptions with more than 3 line will be displayed with “Show more” button next to the first 3 lines.
- Click on the “Next” button to advance to the next slide
The “Release Notes” slide will appear. This slide contains additional app metadata information – the latest version release notes.
- Release Notes Link
– (4) Website Link Availability Indication – Invalid URL will only be indicated and will not block the publication process.
- Release Notes File
– Max size of 1MB
– “Release Notes File” will not be used when Release “Notes Link is filled”.
- Click on the “Next” button to advance to the next slide
The “App Configuration” slide will appear. This slide contains the app’s access and context related settings.
- “Allow App Display Customization” – When disabled the user cannot “Context” the app.
– “App Display Customization”, “App Configuration”, “App Set-Up” check-marks used to decide if the user that added the app will be able to control the corresponding accordions in the “Context” tab. To see the full functionality in each section, read “App Branding on Appodme” knowledge base.
– “App Bundle” reveals to the user that added the app, the possibility to change the app’s bundle ID. Most of the users require the change to fit there own signing credentials.
For further information, see “APK Files – Under the Hood”/“IPA Files – Under the Hood”
- Custom App Configuration – Pre-defined schema for known parameters you wish the user the added app to fill when running “Context” on the app. To learn more about “Custom App Configuration” refer to “Private URL and App Configuration” knowledge base page.
– To add a new entry click on the “Add +” button (5).
- “Add Promo Code” – Gating the access for platform users to add the app only with the corresponding promo code (Optional).
This option is ideal for ISVs who want a secure, controlled way to provide access to their app binaries. This option gives ISVs only one location to manage from where customers have access to their binary AND allows them full control over who has access to their binaries.
- Click on the “Publish” button to advance to publish the app to Appdome App Library.
Congratulations! – your app is published in Appdome App Library!
As you can see, your customers can now add your app to their personal workspace. There is no download option from the Appdome App Library. Your customers will never have access to your original ipa or apk file. As part of the Fusion process, Appdome will also add ONEShield App Shielding to the app. ONEShield will protect the Fused app from anti-tampering, anti-debugging and anti-reversing.
How Do I Delete My App From App Library
- Login to Appdome platform
- Click your account name on the top right-hand side
- Select App Library Settings
- Press the Delete button next to the app you’d like to remove
When you delete an app from the Appdome App Library it is removed from Appdome and removed permanently.
How Do I Learn More?
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
To zoom out on this topic, visit the Appdome Platform section on our website.