Mobile App Permissions control without coding
Mobile App Permission Control
Using Appdome, developers or non-developers can control app permissions by enabling, disabling or revoking app permissions at any time – all without any development work or source code access.
For example, you can choose to disallow access by the app to the camera, microphone, location (GPS), contacts, calendar and more…
This Knowledge Base article provides step by step instructions for using Appdome to disable any apps permissions (either individually, multiple, or all permissions at once). These controls enable developers to protect end-user privacy and guard against unauthorized access or permission abuses by rogue apps.
How to Control App Permissions without coding
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs, and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate Mobile Permission Control to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. Users merely upload mobile apps, select the Mobile App Permission Control switch to your desired setting, and click “Build My App.” The Appdome technology adds the requested features to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
Using Appdome, mobile apps will disable the requested features as if Mobile Permission Control was natively coded to the app. Appdome is compatible with mobile apps built in any development environment including Native Android and iOS apps, hybrid apps and non-native apps built-in Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native, Ionic, and more. This streamlines implementations, cuts development work, and ensures a guaranteed and consistent way to control app permissions for any iOS or Android app no matter how the original app was built.
- Prevent App Screen Sharing – Prevents the screen from being captured or projected on non-secure screens
- Blur Application screen – Obscures screenshots to prevent sensitive mobile data from being exposed
- Prohibit Local Contacts – Prevents users from importing local contacts to the app
- Prohibit Local Calendar – Prevents importing the local calendar to the app
- In-App Calls Only – Ensures all calls are made using the apps native dialer when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate phone apps when a phone number is clicked within the app.
- In-App Messages Only – This option ensures all messages are made using the app’s native messaging service, when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate messaging apps when contact is clicked within the app.
- Prohibit Camera – Prevents access to the camera by the app
- Prohibit Camera via Image Requests (Android only) – Disables the app from accessing images from external sources including the camera app and gallery
- Prohibit Microphone – Prevents access to the microphone by the app
- Prohibit Location – Prevents access to the device’s location (GPS, GLONASS, etc…) by the app
Prerequisites for using Appdome to control app permissions
In order to use Appdome’s no code implementation of Mobile app Permission Control on Appdome, you’ll need:
How to Add Mobile Permission Control to Any Mobile App on Appdome
Mobile Permission Control is a part of Appdome Mobility Suite. Follow these step-by-step instructions to add Mobile Permission Control to Any Mobile App:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
From the “Build” tab, Add Mobile Permission Control
Select the Build Tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
Beneath the Build Tab, you will find several service options. Select Management, choose an EMM/MAM services to Build and under Appdome Mobility Suite, select the permissions you’d like to limit. Note: a blue highlight will appear showing the category is active.
- Click on the accordion to access Mobile Permission Control
- Select the permissions you’d like to limit
- Click Build My App
The technology behind Build My App has two major elements – (1) a micro-service architecture filled with 1000s of code sets needed for mobile integrations, and (2) an adaptive code generation engine that can recognize the development environment, frameworks and methods in each app and match the app to the relevant code-sets needed to add Mobile Permission Control to the mobile app in seconds. For example, the technology of Webview authentication, work that ordinarily a developer would need to do.
Congratulations! You now have a mobile app fully integrated with Mobile Permission Control.
What’s next after you control app permissions?
After you have added Mobile Permission Control to any mobile app on Appdome, there are a few additional steps needed to complete your mobile integration project.
Add Context™ to the Appdome-Built App
Appdome is a full-featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context™, please read this knowledge base article.
Sign the Appdome-Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome-Built app, it must be signed. Signing iOS apps and Signing Android apps are easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Appdome-Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome-Built app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Built apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for Mobile Permission Control in your app!
How Do I Learn More?
Request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.