Mobile Permission Control allows you to disable certain features in apps that you fuse so that the apps will be more secure. For example, you can choose to disallow access by the app to the camera, microphone, location (GPS), contacts, calendar and more…
This Knowledge Base article provides step by step instructions for using Appdome to disable the entire range of mobile permissions accessed by Android and iOS apps to protect end user privacy and guard against unknown use of compromised apps.
About No-Code Mobile Permission Control
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate Mobile Permission Control to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. Users merely upload mobile apps, select the Mobile Permission Controls to disallow and click “Fuse My App.” The Appdome technology adds Mobile Permission Control and more to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
Using Appdome, mobile apps will disable the requested features as if Mobile Permission Control was natively coded to the app. Appdome for Mobile Permission Control is compatible with mobile apps built in any development environment including Native Android and iOS apps, hybrid apps and non-native apps built in Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native, Ionic and more. This streamlines implementations, cuts development work, and ensures a guaranteed and consistent integration of Mobile Permission Control to any mobile app.
- Prevent App Screen Sharing – Prevents the screen from being captured or projected on non-secure screens
- Blur Application screen – Obscures screenshots to prevent sensitive mobile data from being exposed
- Prohibit Local Contacts – Prevents users from importing local contacts to the app
- Prohibit Local Calendar – Prevents importing local calendar to the app
- In-App Calls Only – Ensures all calls are made using the apps native dialer when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate phone apps when a phone number is clicked within the app.
- In-App Messages Only – This option ensures all message are made using the app’s native messaging service, when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate messaging apps when a contact is clicked within the app.
- Prohibit Camera – Prevents access to the camera by the app
- Prohibit Camera via Image Requests (Android only) – Disables the app from accessing images from external sources including the camera app and gallery
- Prohibit Microphone – Prevents access to the microphone by the app
- Prohibit Location – Prevents access to the device’s location (GPS, GLONASS, etc…) by the app
Prerequisites for using Appdome Mobile Permission Control
In order to use Appdome’s no code implementation of Mobile Permission Control on Appdome, you’ll need:
How to Add Mobile Permission Control to Any Mobile App on Appdome
Mobile Permission Control is a part of Appdome Mobility Suite. Follow these step-by-step instructions to add Mobile Permission Control to Any Mobile App:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
From the “Build” tab, Add Mobile Permission Control
Select the Build Tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
Beneath the Build Tab, you will find several service options. Select Management, choose an EMM/MAM services to Fuse and under Appdome Mobility Suite, select the permissions you’d like to limit. Note: a blue highlight will appear showing the category is active.
- Click on the accordion to access Mobile Permission Control
- Select the permissions you’d like to limit
- Click Build My App
The technology behind Fuse My App has two major elements – (1) a micro-service architecture filled with 1000s of code sets needed for mobile integrations, and (2) an adaptive code generation engine that can recognize the development environment, frameworks and methods in each app and match the app to the relevant code-sets needed to add Mobile Permission Control to the mobile app in seconds. For example, the technology of Webview authentication, work that ordinarily a developer would need to do.
Congratulations! You now have a mobile app fully integrated with Mobile Permission Control.
After Adding Mobile Permission Control to a Mobile App on Appdome
After you have added Mobile Permission Control to any Mobile App on Appdome, there are a few additional steps needed to complete your mobile integration project.
Add Context™ to the Appdome-Fused App
Appdome is a full featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context™, please read this knowledge base article.
Sign the Mobile Permission Control enabled Appdome-Fused App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome-Fused app, it must be signed. Signing iOS apps and Signing Android apps are easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Appdome-Fused App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome-Fused app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Fused apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for Mobile Permission Control in your app!
How Do I Learn More?
Request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.