Appdome enables customers to create Fusion Sets, which are templates for all the selections a user can fuse with. Appdome GO provides the ability to share these Fusion Sets instead of maintaining them across all apps.
This Knowledge Base article provides step-by-step instructions for sharing templates using Appdome-GO.
We hope you find this knowledge base useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About Sharing Templates Using Appdome-GO
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs, and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate features to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. The Appdome technology adds features and relevant standards, frameworks and more to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all. This is done using Fusion Sets, which store your fusing preferences. You can read more about Appdome Fusion Sets here.
Appdome-GO provides the ability to share templates (aka Fusion Sets) across all apps in an account. This way, Appdome users avoid doing the same thing for each app, which is frustrating and error-prone.
Prerequisites for Sharing Templates Using Appdome-GO
In order to use Appdome GO features, you’ll need:
- Appdome account
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk for Android)
- Becoming an Appdome GO user. Here you can find the details.
How to Use Sharing Templates Using Appdome-GO
Follow these step-by-step instructions to share Fusion Sets using Appdome GO on Any Mobile App:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
Create a Fusion Set Template to Share
When adding an app, a default Playground Fusion Set is created for each app. This Fusion Set is not shared and will affect only the app it was created for. In the example of the below screenshot, that Playground Fusion Set is called “Mattermost”.
If you want to create a Shared Fusion Set, do the following:
- Open the Fusion Sets drop down, by clicking the arrow on its right.
- Hover on the Playground Fusion Set, and click on the Copy button.
- Name your new Fusion Set and press enter.
Congratulations! You now have a shared Fusion Set you can use on all your apps.
Use and Edit Your Fusion Set on All Your Apps
Now that you’ve created a shared Fusion Set, you can use it, or edit it, on another app. In order to do so, do the following:
- upload or select another app on the same mobile platform (iOS Fusion Sets can be shared with other iOS apps, and Android Fusion Sets can be shared with other Android apps).
- Open the Fusion Sets drop down, just as you did when you Created the Fusion Set.
- Pick the Fusion Set you want to use by clicking on its row in the drop down.
In order to save time for users, Appdome automatically updates every account subscribed to a specific Fusion Set upon each change, so if you turn on a setting in an app subscribed to a Fusion Set, every app that’s subscribed to the same Fusion Set will be updated as well, so you’ll just need to Fuse that app and the new settings will be added to it.
Copying, Getting Details of, Subscribing to and Deleting Fusion Sets
Once a Fusion Set is created, there are some other actions you can do on it.
- You can copy this Fusion Set to create another one. This is useful when, for example, you want 2 Fusion Sets which are similar but have one setting different.
- You can subscribe all apps of the same platform to this Fusion Set. Use this if you don’t want to go over all your apps and subscribing to the same Fusion Set manually.
- You can delete the Fusion Set.
- You can view the details of the Fusion Set. Which apps are subscribed to it, when was it created, etc.
What to do After I Fuse My App?
After you successfully Fuse an app, you need to sign the app in order to deploy it. You can also brand or customize a Fused app on Appdome. Read this Knowledge Base article to learn what to do after you successfully Fuse an app. It explains both optional steps and required steps.
That is it – Enjoy sharing your Fusion Sets with Appdome GO!
How Do I Learn More?
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
To zoom out on this topic, visit the Appdome platform page on our website.