This Knowledge Base article describes how to share your fused builds with other teams and enhance your workflow. This feature is known as Flex-Release – Shareable Fused Apps.
About Flex-Release – Shareable Fused Apps
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs, and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate features to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. The Appdome technology adds features and relevant standards, frameworks and more to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
Among many other features, Appdome-DEV provides the ability to share fused builds across all teams. This way, Appdome users avoid doing the same thing for each app in each team, which is frustrating and error-prone.
Prerequisites for sharing your fused build
To be able to share fused builds, you’ll need:
- An Appdome account – IDEAL or Higher.
- Use Appdome for Teams
- Mobile App – Android (.apk or .aab) or iOS (.ipa)
How to share your fused build
Follow these step-by-step instructions to share a fused build with any of your teams:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
Please follow these steps to add a mobile app to your Appdome account.
If you don’t have an Appdome account, click here to create an account.
Share a fused build with other Teams
- Go to the “Teams” tab
- select the team that contains the app with the fused build that you want to share.
- Select the relevant app and choose the Build tab.
- Click the Appdome-GO icon at the bottom of the page to open your workflow summary.
- Again, click the Appdome-GO icon to open the history of all builds executed by your current team.
- Choose the fused build you would like to share with another team by clicking on the share icon on the right.
- Now you can choose the team you want to share the fused build with and click on “Share”. iOS builds can only be shared with other iOS apps, and Android builds can only be shared with other Android apps.
- You will automatically be redirected to the team you shared your fused build with.
After Sharing a fused build with another Team
After you have shared your fused build with another team, members of that team can sign it in order to deploy it.
Add Context™ to the Appdome-Built App
Appdome is a full featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context™, please read this Knowledge Base article.
Sign your Appdome-Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome-Built app, it must be signed. Signing iOS apps and Signing Android apps are easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Appdome-Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome-Built app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Appdome-Fused apps, please read this Knowledge Base.
That is it – Enjoy sharing your fused builds with Appdome DEV!
How Do I Learn More?
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to make mobile integration easy.
We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.