Appdome is a no-code mobile integration platform as a service (IPaaS), supporting a wide variety of implementations for Android and iOS apps.
This Knowledge Base article summarizes the steps needed to integrate MobileIron’s EMM service to any iOS or Android app instantly, with no code or coding – by simply Fusing MobileIron’s mobile SDK to an app binary.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
Using Appdome, you can integrate MobileIron’s full EMM SDKs into any mobile app – in minutes with no-code or coding. Simply upload your iOS (.ipa) or Android (.apk) app and select options to Fuse the MobileIron AppConnect SDK to that app in a few minutes. This can be done without having to write a single line of code, prep the app or change any settings.
Once Fusion is complete, you can deploy the Fused app via MobileIron and install the Fused app on mobile devices. All data created within the app will be encrypted and protected inside a container, preventing other applications from accessing the app’s encrypted data. The app you are Fusing on Appdome can be built with any tool such as xCode for iOS and Android Studio using any mobile development frameworks such as Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native. This allows you to enjoy all the features the MobileIron AppConnect SDK offers as well as the additional features and capabilities provided by Appdome including Appdome Mobility Suite.
Fusing With MobileIron SDK
To Fuse your iOS or Android app with the MobileIron SDK, follow these simple steps.
Note: You may need to Request access to the MobileIron AppConnect SDK for your Appdome account. You can use the chat icon to contact Appdome for this request.
- Navigate in a browser to Appdome and login.
- Upload your iOS (.ipa) Android (.apk) app binary
- Upload new app or choose an app from the Catalog and click Add to My Apps
- Select your app Fusion settings
- Go to Management -> select MobileIron AppConnect SDK under EMM Services
5. Under Management select EMM Services MobileIron AppConnect SDK
6. Under Appdome Mobility Suite you can select:
1. Dynamic Container Management – This will allow you adjust, detect, and enable container settings for your app, its file structure, and specify its data at rest usage.
2. Route All Traffic – You can route all application traffic over a tunnel.
3. Inclusive Routing – This routes specific domains over the tunnel.
4. Sentry Host – Enter the hostname for you Sentry and this will route all traffic to this host.
5. Disable Split Tunneling – You can automatically block non-tunneled traffic.
6. Sentry Certificate Pinning – With this you will be using a private client certificate for all client to Sentry pinning.
7. Prohibit Local Contacts – Blocks the apps’ request to access your device’s local contacts.
8. Prohibit Local Calendar – This blocks the apps’ request to access your device’s local contacts.
9. In-App Calls Only – Enable in-app only local use of calls.
10. In-App Messages Only – Enable in-app only local use of messages.
11. If Adaptive App Routing is enabled, traffic from the app is routed directly from the app to the destination. If adaptive app routing is not enabled, traffic is routed through a VPN to the MobileIron Sentry server based on the hostname-to-Sentry mappings specified.
7. In addition to the MobileIron AppConnect SDK, you can also enable Appdome for AppConfig – Mobile Device Management features that compliment, enhance, or extend the capabilities of the MobileIron AppConnect SDK. For more info, please view the article about the Appdome Mobility Suite.
8. For Android apps under BoostEMM by Appdome you can both Download MobileIron SAM Connector and enable Idle Unlock.
- Idle Unlock – This will force you app to unlock whenever returning from idle state.
- Download MobileIron SAM Connector – This gives you access to the SAM Connector app that you can upload to MobileIron and deploy through your app catalog.
9. Now you can Fuse and Sign the app in Appdome.
10. When this is complete you can download the Fused app file. You can then upload it to your MobileIron environment for deployment.
Customize the App and change App Name
- After Fusing your App you will be taken to the Customize for your app
- Optionally you can edit the App Display Name, App Icon, App Favicon, Favicon File, and Favicon Position and Custom App Configuration Files
- Click Customize My App to integrate the app with the MaaS360 SDK and Appdome Advanced App Protection.
Signing the Fused App
In order to deploy an app, it must be signed. You can sign from with the Appdome platform.
Explanations for how to sign an app using the Appdome platform are available in the following knowledge base articles.
- To sign iOS app and/or sign an Android appTo skip the signing process and perform singing on your own, click the Skip button to the left of the Sign button to proceed to the app download section.
Uploading to MobileIron For Application Deployment Steps:
- Login to your MobileIron environment.
- Click Apps –> Add+
3. Select In-House then Browse for the fused app file you previously downloaded. Click Next.
4. Fill in the same value for Application Name that you have entered in Appdome under App Display Name in Context. Also fill in the same value under App Version in Appdome under Display Version in MobileIron. Click Next after entering these values.
5. Enter your desired MobileIron Apps@Work Catalog and Icons information for this Fused app. Click Next.
6. Enter MobileIron Per App VPN Settings and Managed App Settings then click Finish.
7. Select the app you just added to MobileIron –> click Actions –> Apply To Labels
8. Select all the Labels / Groups that you would like this fused app to made available to in MobileIron for installation –> click Apply
Installing on iOS and / or Android mobile devices Steps:
- Enroll the device you would like to install this app on with MobileIron.
- With a MobileIron enrolled device open Apps@Work.
3. Next, open Featured Apps or whichever category you have placed this Fused app into –> click the app –> Install.
4. After the app installation completes open the app
Second Option: If you want to add a fused app that has AppConfig enabled to MobileIron please view this page.
Here is a link to another resource we wrote on Appdome for MobileIron that has more information.
To zoom out on this topic, visit Appdome for Enterprise Mobility on our website.