This Knowledge Base Article describes how you can use a Browser app available on Appdome to verify connectivity between your mobile app and hosts.
To assist users with the troubleshooting process, Appdome has created a Browser app that is available to all users. The browser app assists in troubleshooting host connectivity for Built mobile apps.
Prerequisites for Using Browser Android App
- The Browser app (available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.)
- Mobile Android device that can access App Server through the network.
- The servers URLs your app connects to during its run time.
- Appdome account
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
Guide to Troubleshooting Built App Connection to Hosts
After receiving the Browser Android App from Appdome Service Delivery team, you can Build it on Appdome with all features in your app’s use case. Here is a helpful article on Building apps with all desired features on Appdome end to end.
After Signing the Built app Deploy it to an Android device. Here is an Article on Sideload installing Android apps through ADB.
Using Browser Android to Gain Information On Connectivity for Mobile Apps
Steps to using Browser Android:
- Launch the app.
- Enter a host or server URL that the mobile app will connect to and then click Crawl.
- Enter a host URL and click GO.
- You can test an app login after entering the login URL and then click GO.
With this Browser app, you can validate your connectivity status and the results of your mobile apps reaching the hosts that they need to reach. If you need any assistance with troubleshooting and/or analyzing the results email email@example.com.
- Crawl provides details on which URLs/hosts are accessed on the path to the URL you are going to.
- Verify if this host is reachable to mobile apps by viewing results of the webpage when going to a URL.
- Validate app login results to see what is required for app login configuration.
How Do I Learn More?
You can gather Android device logs and view them to see more information with this helpful troubleshooting app while accessing hosts.
Check out this blog for more information about obtaining logs from Logcat using Android Studio.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.