A UDID is a Unique iOS Device IDentification number that can be identified within apps. It may be needed when configuring services or apps on your iOS device.
This Knowledge Base article explains how to find the UDID on an iOS device.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
About UDID on Appdome
You can sign iOS apps with a provisioning profile that will only permit the app to be installed on devices that have the UDIDs specified in the profile.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement.
Prerequisites for Obtaining UDID
- iTunes app
- iOS device connected to a computer over the USB cable
How to Obtain the UDID of my iOS Device
Follow these step-by-step instructions to obtain your UDID using iTunes:
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable
- Open iTunes
- Click the device icon to the right of Apps drop-down menu in iTunes
- Click the serial number value until you see the UDID value being displayed
- At this point, you will see the UDID value being displayed for your iOS deviceCongratulations! You can now see your device’s UDID.
How Do I Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about iOS applications we suggest you read up on how iOS application (IPA files) are structured.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.