OneLogin MFA is a feature that allows you to add Multi-Factor Authentication to your app.
This Knowledge Base article provides step by step instructions for using Appdome to add OneLogin MFA to any Android and iOS mobile app.
About OneLogin MFA
Using Appdome, mobile apps will work with OneLogin MFA as if it was natively coded to the app. Appdome for OneLogin MFA is compatible with mobile apps built in any development environment including native Android and iOS apps, hybrid apps and non-native apps built in Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native, Ionic and more. This streamlines implementations, cuts development work, and ensures a guaranteed and consistent integration of OneLogin MFA to any mobile app.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. Users merely upload mobile apps, select OneLogin MFA and click “Build My App.” The Appdome technology adds OneLogin MFA and more to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
OneLogin MFA on Appdome can be used with two methods of authentication triggering: Authenticate on App Launch and Authenticate on Resource.
When the user opens an application Built with Authenticate on App Launch, the user will be prompted authenticate before he can see the application’s UI, and upon verification, it will let the application run.
When an application is Built with Authenticate on Resource, the user will be prompted authenticate when the application attempts to access a server that matches one of the wildcards entered during app Building. If the server returns one of the standard status codes that require authentication (401, 301, etc.), Appdome initiates the OneLogin authentication.
Additionally, with DEV-Events™ you can use Appdome to handle in apps events and complete OneLogin MFA authentication internally. See: Integrating Your App with Appdome DEV-Events™ and OneLogin MFA Service
Prerequisites for Using OneLogin MFA
In order to use Appdome’s implementation of OneLogin MFA on Appdome, you’ll need:
- Appdome account IDEAL or higher
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk for Android)
- An admin account for your OneLogin service. This can be obtained from the OneLogin portal:
- OneLogin Subdomain
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- API Region
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
How to Add OneLogin MFA to Any Mobile App on Appdome
Follow these step-by-step instructions to add OneLogin MFA to Any Mobile App:
Upload a Mobile App to Your Account
To Fuse an app with OneLogin please follow the steps below:
- Click the Build Tab. Note: a blue underline will appear showing the step is active
- Click the Identity category
- Toggle “ON” Identity Services
- Select OneLogin MFA from the list
- Enter the app’s Client ID
- Enter the app’s Client Secret
- Enter your OneLogin Subdomain
- Choose your API Region
- API URL (optional): If you are using an alternative OneLogin server, enter here. Otherwise, leave blank. By default, Appdome’s OneLogin implementation will use “https://myOneLogin.org“
- Toggle “ON” Authenticate on Resource to initiate OneLogin protection on resource access. Verification will initiate when the app gets a “not authenticated” response from a server. Toggle “ON” Authenticate on App Launch to initiate OneLogin protection on application launch. Click + Add to add a server URL wildcard to the list of servers you want to protect
- Toggle “ON” Dynamic UI™ to let Appdome create the necessary UI dialogs to perform the verification process using OneLogin. If DynamicUI™ is not enabled, you will need to implement DEV-Events™ events. To learn more, please refer to Integrating your application with Appdome DEV-Events™ and OneLogin MFA service.
- Click the Build My App button to complete Appdome’s OneLogin integration into the app.
The technology behind Build My App has two major elements – (1) a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of code sets needed for mobile integrations, and (2) an adaptive code generation engine that can recognize the development environment, frameworks and methods in each app and match the app to the relevant code-sets needed to add OneLogin MFA to the mobile app in seconds.
Congratulations! You now have a mobile app fully integrated with OneLogin MFA
After Adding OneLogin MFA to a Mobile App on Appdome
After you have added OneLogin MFA to any Mobile App on Appdome, there are a few additional steps needed to complete your mobile integration project.
Add Context™ to the Built App
Appdome is a full-featured mobile integration platform. Within Context™, Appdome users can brand the app, including adding a favicon to denote the new service added to the app.
For more information on the range of options available in Context™, please read this knowledge base article.
Sign the OneLogin MFA enabled Appdome Built App (Required)
In order to deploy an Appdome Built app, it must be signed. Signing iOS apps and Signing Android apps are easy using Appdome. Alternatively, you can use Private Signing, download your unsigned app and sign locally using your own signing methods.
Deploy the Built App to a Mobile Device
Once you have signed your Appdome Built app, you can download to deploy it using your distribution method of choice. For more information on deploying your Built apps, please read this knowledge base.
That is it – Enjoy Appdome for OneLogin MFA in your app!
How Do I Learn More?
Request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.