How to Open Non-App URLs Using the Native Browser
Learn how to make a Secure PWA using Open Non-App URLs the Native Browser
What is Appdome’s ‘Open Non-App URLs Using the Native Browser’ feature?
This Knowledge Base article explains how to use Appdome’s Open Non-App URLs in the Native Browser feature when building apps using Appdome Secure PWA. Enabling this feature in a secure PWA would ensure that any non-app URLs will be opened using the mobile device’s native OS browser.
What is Appdome Secure PWA?
Appdome Secure PWA is a no-code mobile development framework that enables anyone to convert any website into a mobile application in minutes – no code or coding required. Using Appdome, anyone can build a progressive web app (PWA) that runs on any iOS or Android device with a native-like experience. The only thing you need to convert any website into a mobile application is a reachable website. Simply input an existing URL into Appdome’s app builder, select your choice of platform (Android, iOS, or cross-platform), and click Convert To App. Within minutes, the Appdome platform automatically converts the website into a mobile application that will run natively on any mobile device for the platform you selected.
Once you have created your mobile application, you can optionally implement your choice of Appdome mobile app security features and build your custom security model directly into the app – all within the same no-code workflow.
4 Easy Steps to Open Non-App URLs Using the Native Browser
Follow these step-by-step instructions to build a Secure PWA that will open all non-app URLs using the phone’s native browser.
- From the Add App tab, Select Create Secure PWA™ and enter the website address for the website you wish to convert (Note, enter the full address, and ensure that the URL is reachable).
- Choose an App Name, then Choose the App platform: iOS, Android or both.
- For iOS – upload the Provisioning Profile.
- Under Navigation Options, Enable Open Non-App URLs In Native Browser
- Click Convert To App
Congratulations! You now have converted your website to a progressive web app and enabled Appdome’s Open Non-App URLs In Native Browser feature. You can find your PWA in your Appdome account (left navigation menu) with all the other app binaries that you’ve previously added to your account.
Prerequisites for Using Appdome’s Secure PWA
- Appdome account
- Appdome-DEV access
- A license to Appdome’s Secure PWA product.
- A reachable website (URL)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile) – see Signing Secure Android apps and Signing Secure iOS apps
After Building Your PWA
After successfully building a Progressive Web App using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
- How to Convert Any Website into a Mobile App Using Appdome Secure PWA
- How to Build a Secure iOS, Android PWA With Deep Links
- How to Make a Secure PWA Open Target URLs In Native Browser
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at support.appdome.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform, or feel free to request a demo at any time.