Prevent Conflicts with ProGuard SDK in Android Apps
When you use Appdome and upload apps with ProGuard SDK inside, the app is blocked with a request to disable ProGuard SDK and try again.
This Knowledge Base article provides information about ProGuard SDK.
What is ProGuard?
ProGuard is an open-source command-line tool used to shrink and optimize Java code, as well as obfuscate the names of functions and classes in the Android app. As a free tool integrated with Android Studio, ProGuard is widely used in many third-party SDKs. In many cases, customers are not even aware that the app they are using has a ProGuard SDK.
Why Can’t I Use an App with ProGuard when I use Appdome?
In certain cases, ProGuard can collide with Appdome’s implementation of Obfuscate App Logic. Therefore, whenever an app is recognized as having the ProGuard SDK, Appdome does the following:
- Shows a visual indication in the app preview.
- Displays an additional alert inside the Tab build which instructs the user how to resolve the conflict by removing Proguard from their app.
- Beta Android and iOS Testing and Release Program for Appdome Secured Apps
- How to Protect Dynamic Features
- How Appdome Enables Signing Secured iOS Apps without Xcode
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project.