How to Control Content in PWA - Secure Uploads, Secure Downloads
Appdome Secure PWA allows developers to control content to prevent data leakage, theft, or misuse, protecting data using Appdome secure upload and secure download facilities. With Secure PWA developers can ensure content is securely uploaded and downloaded, and that controls are put in place every time data is moved.
What is Appdome Secure PWA?
Appdome Secure PWA is a no-code mobile development framework that enables anyone to convert any website into a mobile application in minutes – no code or coding required. Using Appdome, anyone can build a progressive web app (PWA) that runs on any iOS or Android device with a native-like experience. The only thing you need to convert any website into a mobile application is a reachable website.
Simply input an existing URL into Appdome’s app builder, select your choice of platform (Android, iOS, or cross-platform), and click Convert To App. Within minutes, the Appdome platform automatically converts the website into a mobile application that will run natively on any mobile device for the platform you selected.
Appdome Secure PWA allows developers to control content and provide safe experiences for mobile users.
3 Easy Steps To Build Secure PWA With Content Controls
Follow these 3 easy steps to convert a website into an iOS or Android app that supports deep links.
- From the Add App tab, Select Create Secure PWA™ and enter the website address for the website you wish to convert (Note, enter the full address, and ensure that the URL is reachable).
- Choose an App Name, then Choose the App platform: iOS, Android or both.
- For iOS – upload the Provisioning Profile.
- Click Convert To App
SiteTrust™ and CONTENT CONTROL are automatically enabled when you build a Secure PWA on Appdome.
- Protects non-public resources by restricting access/navigation to home domain only.
- When enabled, the app will only be able to access trusted domains and sites.
- To enable access to protected resources, see the AUTHENTICATION section for advanced authentication services
- Secure Download: Securely download, store and share files with other apps.
- Secure Upload: Securely upload content to the web service.
- Local Notifications: Present alerts and notifications sent by the web service natively.
Congratulations! Your PWA has been created! You can find your secure PWA in your Appdome account on the left navigation menu.
Prerequisites for Using Appdome’s Secure PWA
- Appdome account
- Appdome-DEV access
- A license to Secure PWA
- A reachable website (URL)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile) – see Signing Secure Android apps and Signing Secure iOS apps
After Building Your PWA
After successfully converting a website into a secure PWA, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How To Learn More?
- To learn about all optional features available with Secure PWA, please visit the main Secure PWA KB article.
- How to Enable Firebase Push Notifications in a Secure PWA
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform or feel free to request a demo at any time.