How to Test Appdome Secured iOS Apps with Perfecto
This Knowledge Base article provides instructions on how to test Appdome-Secured iOS Apps using the Perfecto Live Testing suite.
Learn to efficiently test iOS apps secured with Appdome using Perfecto, a versatile testing platform for web and mobile applications. Appdome seamlessly integrates with top mobile testing solutions, enabling customers to enhance mobile app security within their existing application lifecycle, with the speed and agility of DevSecOps.
General Information About Testing in iOS Apps
The following table describes which Appdome protection features may be triggered and the reason why:
|Prevent App Screen Sharing||Perfecto performs screen recording, so if this feature is enabled all test videos may show a black screen|
|Anti- Debugging||Perfecto signs the app as debuggable upon installation|
Upload App to the Perfecto Repository
1. Log into your Perfecto cloud at <your-cloud>. app.perfectomobile.com
2. Click on “Account Setup”.
3. Select “Repository” from the top bar.
4. Click the upload button.
5. Choose an app to upload.
6. Select and define additional data (e.g., private/public repository, name, tags), and then upload the app.
Live App Testing
1. Switch to the “Manual Testing” tab on the top bar.
2. Pick a device and click “OPEN”.
3. Once the device is initialized, install your app by clicking the apps menu and then “INSTALL NEW”.
4. Choose your app from the repository folder, configure additional settings, and install it. Once installed, you can use the app and test it (Ensure “resign” is enabled).
In case of any issues with the app, please send the device logs to Appdome Support by following these steps:
1. End the test and mark your results to save them.
2. Enter the link to your report.
3. On the top-right of the screen, look for the export button. Clicking it will open a dropdown menu from which you can download the device logs and iOS crash logs.
Automating App Testing on iOS
|BrowserStack-Specific Appium Capability||Reason|
|iOSResign||By enabling iOSResign (a must for working with iOS apps on Perfecto), Perfecto will resign your app and trigger Appdome’s Secure App Signature.|
- Most automation test tools can typically be used in one of two modes: Emulator Mode and Real Device Mode (specific terms may vary according to the testing tool). If you use the automation test tool in “Emulator Mode” instead of “Real Device Mode”, the Appdome-secured application will not run on the device. This is expected because Appdome ONEShield protects apps from running on emulators/simulators. Instead, it is recommended to run the automation test tool on a real device.
- If your mobile application closes/exits unexpectedly or you see the following message: “Application has violated security policies and it will be shut down”, this usually means that techniques are present which Appdome protects against, such as emulator mode, tampering, reverse engineering, or root hiding. Below are some of the likely causes:
- The user may be running the testing tool in ’emulator’ mode, which Appdome protects against. To remedy this, run the test in ‘manual’ mode or using real devices.
- How to Test Secured Android Apps on Lambdatest
- How to Test Secured iOS Apps on Lambdatest
- How to Use Appdome’s Build2Test Service
- Test Appdome-secured Android Apps by Using SauceLabs
- Testing Secured iOS Apps by Using SauceLabs
- How to Test Secured Android Apps on BitBar
- How to Test Secured Android Apps on Browserstack
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at support.appdome.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.