Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like Block ADB to any Android apps without coding. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent the malicious use of ADB by hackers to modify Android apps during runtime.
3 Easy Steps to Block ADB.
Please follow these 3 easy steps to Block ADB in Android apps using Appdome.
- Upload a mobile app to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under Anti-Fraud, browse to Prevent Mobile Fraud and Toggle on Block ADB (shown below)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The app is now protected against malicious use of ADB.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps against malicious use of ADB. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- A license to Block ADB
- Mobile App (.apk or .aab for Android)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Apps
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Mobile App Security Resources
Here are a few related resources:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.