How to Make Android and iOS Apps Work With Workspace ONE
This Knowledge Base article describes the 3 easy steps to make Android and iOS apps work with Workspace ONE. Use Appdome’s TOTALMobility for VMware Workspace ONE to build the Workspace ONE SDK to Native Android and iOS or apps build with any other framework, including Cordova, React Native, Xamarin, Ionic, Flutter Apps and more. Appdome is a no-code solution. Use Appdome to secure enterprise apps instantly.
Thank you for your interest in Appdome and we hope you find this article useful.
What Is TOTALMobility for VMware Workspace ONE
Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like the VMware Workspace ONE SDK, in mobile apps.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps without coding. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites to build secured enterprise apps. There is no need to wrap or manually code the Workspace ONE SDK to your mobile apps. The Appdome technology adds the relevant standards, frameworks, stores, and logic to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
TOTALMobility for VWware Workspace ONE is an Appdome bundle that delivers customer choice, feature richness, and implementation control for every mobile deployment. With TOTALMobility for VWware Workspace ONE, Appdome offers customers choice by supporting a diversity of mobile security, network access and enterprise authentication services together with VMware Workspace ONE, which they can integrate into any iOS or Android app – instantly, without code or coding.
For example, VMware customers can deploy custom versions of any internally developed or 3rd party mobile app integrated withVMWare Workspace ONE, F5 Access Manager and Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) cloud SSO service and secured by the Appdome Mobile Security Suite.
In addition to the unique ability to create multi-service implementation templates that can be added to any Android and iOS app, developed in any framework, instantly and without coding, customers can use TOTALMobility to add security to all the mobile APIs in the app. The net result is a custom version of the mobile app, built according to the customer’s specific enterprise requirements and fully secured and protected from hackers and malicious attacks.
3 Easy Steps to Make Android and iOS Apps Work With Workspace ONE
Please follow these 3 easy steps to Make Android and iOS Apps work with Workspace ONE
- Upload an Android or iOS App to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab, or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under Management and EMM Services, Select the VMware Workspace ONE (shown below)
- Follow the steps below and Click Build My App
Here are the detailed steps to make Android and iOS apps work with Workspace ONE.
- Enable or turn “ON” EMM Services and open the drop-down list.
- Next, choose VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) SDK from the drop-down list.
- Change the App Bundle ID (optional).
- Change the App Version (optional).
- Change the App Version code (optional).
Configure your app with additional features (optional).
If you’d like or need additional control over the VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) SDK implementation or need to configure the implementation in your App, please take a look at the following knowledgebase articles:
- Appdome Mobility Suite – provides detailed, gradual control over the VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) SDK implementation.
- BoostEMMTM – allows developers and mobility professionals to connect the App to VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) browsers, email clients, etc.
- MicroVPN – provides secure, mobile enterprise connectivity for any mobile App (connecting to enterprise SSL, VPN and Proxies).
Each of these features should be added to your selections before you click Build My App. That way, sections in these categories are included in the automated integration completed on Appdome.
Click “Build My App” to complete Appdome’s VMware Workspace ONE (AirWatch) SDK integration to the App.
Congratulations! When your implementation is complete, you’ll see the notice below. You now have a mobile App fully integrated with Intune SDK!
Prerequisites for Making Android and iOS Apps Work With Workspace ONE
Here’s what you need to build secured apps with work with VMware Workspace ONE
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
Verify your app is using a compatible version of Kotlin Coroutines
When building your app with VMWare Workspace ONE SDK, Appdome will automatically match the correct and supported Kotlin Coroutines of the Workspace ONE SDK to your application.
If you are prompt with an error message stating that your application’s using obfuscated Kotlin coroutines which aren’t compatible with the version required by VMWare Workspace ONE SDK, please recompile your application with one of the supported Kotlin versions as explained below:
- Upgrade the app to use to the latest release version of Kotlin Coroutines.
- Verify your application isn’t using ProGuard (or other obfuscation tools) on the Kotlin Coroutines.
How Do I Learn More?
Read here for more information on No-Code AirWatch Workspace ONE Integration and Deploying Apps on Appdome.
To zoom out on this topic, visit Appdome for Enterprise Mobility on our website.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to make mobile integration easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.