How to Notify Users When Copy/Paste Is Not Allowed for DLP
This Knowledge Base article provides 3 Easy Steps to notify users when copy/paste is not allowed for DLP reasons. Protect mobile privacy and ensure data loss prevention.
Why Notify Users When Copy/Paste Is Not Allowed?
Whenever a mobile user attempts to copy sensitive data from a mobile application, and paste it outside of the app, Appdome’s technology blocks the content from being pasted from the clipboard. Instead of displaying the copied content, Appdome will display a custom Notification to the user.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
3 Easy Steps to Notify Users When Copy/Paste Is Not Allowed
Please follow these 3 easy steps to notify users when copy/paste is not allowed
- Upload an Android or iOS App to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab, or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under Security, Select Mobile Privacy and customize the Notification message (shown below)
- Click Build My App
Click Build My App
Congratulations! You now have a secured mobile app that will notify users that they cannot copy/paste information outside of the app.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps with copy/paste prevention. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Prerequisites for notifying users copy/paste prevention is enabled
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Copy/Paste Prevention Resources
Check out the KB article on Appdome Mobile Security Suite
To zoom out on this topic, visit Appdome for Mobile App Security on our website.
Or request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.