Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like Key Injection Prevention to any Android app without coding. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent malicious key injection in Android apps.
Appdome Key Injection Prevention prevents key injection in multiple ways:
- Appdome prevents the use of ADB to inject keys into Android apps either by disconnecting the debugger or by exiting the app
- Appdome prevents key injection by searching for malicious apps on the device which have key injection permissions. If an app with key injection permissions is running on the device, then the Appdome-secured app will exit/close itself in order to protect itself against the malicious app.
3 Easy Steps to Block Key Injection in Android apps
Please follow these 3 easy steps to add Block Key Injection to any Android app using Appdome.
- Upload a mobile app to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under Anti-Fraud, Select Mobile Malware Prevention and Toggle on Block Key Injection (shown below)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The app is now protected against Key Injection.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android apps against Key Injection. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- A license to Block Key Injection
- Mobile App binary
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Apps
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
How to Learn More
Here are a few related resources:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.