Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like App Store / Google Play Signature Validation to any app without coding. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent the protected mobile app from being re-signed, re-packaged and re-distributed on other app stores.
Apple App Store Signature Validation (iOS apps)
For iOS apps, if the original app was signed for Apple’s App Store, Appdome will prevent the app from being re-signed with a different application identifier. If the app was originally published to the app store, and the application identifier is different than the originally signed app, Appdome will detect the difference and prevent the app from running.
Google Play Store Signature Validation (Android apps)
For Android apps, Appdome will prevent apps from being re-signed and re-distributed on app stores other than Google Play. If Appdome detects that an Android app has been downloaded from an app store other than Google Play, Appdome will prevent the app from running.
3 Easy Steps to add App Store/ Google Play Signature Validation to Android/iOS apps
Please follow these 3 easy steps to protect Android and iOS apps against piracy using App Store/ Google Play Signature Validation
- Upload a mobile app binary to Appdome (.ipa, .apk or .aab)
- In the Build Tab, under Anti-Fraud, Select Anti-Piracy and enable the toggle for Google Play Signature Validation (shown below for Android apps) or App Store Signature Validation (for iOS apps)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The app is now protected with App Store/ Google Play Signature Validation.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps using App Store/ Google Play Signature Validation. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- A license to App Store/ Google Play Signature Validation
- Mobile App (.apk or .aab for Android, .ipa for iOS)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Mobile App Security Resources
Here are a few related resources:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.