How to Add Team Members with Entitlements and Roles from CSV in DevSecOps Build System
This Knowledge Base article provides an overview of how to add new members to a team from a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. With this method, you can quickly create teams or invite new members with the right roles and entitlements, instead of assigning them manually.
About Adding Team Members From CSV
Appdome is a mobile integration platform as a service (iPaaS) that allows users to add a wide variety of features, SDKs, and APIs to Android and iOS apps. Using a simple ‘click to add’ user interface, Appdome allows anyone to easily integrate features to any mobile app – instantly, no code or coding required.
Using Appdome, there are no development or coding prerequisites. For example, there is no Appdome SDK, libraries, or plug-ins to implement. The Appdome technology adds features and relevant standards, frameworks and more to the app automatically, with no manual development work at all.
As an organization, you may have multiple people working on a project as a team. These users often need roles and entitlement structures to ensure that the team members capabilities and responsibilities are clearly defined and work is done efficiently. Appdome allows organizations to create Teams within the Appdome workflow and establish Team-member Entitlements to limit each teammate to a specific task within the Appdome workflow.
Entitlements are specific “right to use” rules established within Teams to assign tasks to individual users. Entitlements on Appdome can be assigned to one or more teammates for each step in the workflow. Adding new members from a CSV lets you easily and automatically assign the appropriate roles and entitlements to all users, instead of assigning them manually. To learn more about entitlements, see How to Set User Entitlements in Mobile App Security Projects.
Prerequisites for using Appdome for Adding Team Members From CSV
In order to use this Appdome for Teams feature, you’ll need Appdome account – IDEAL GO or Higher.
How to Add Team Members From a CSV File
Follow these step-by-step instructions to collaborate using Appdome for Teams:
Create a CSV
To add users to a team from a CSV file, you must first create a CSV file in the correct format. The CSV file will contain the following types of values for each user:
- Email: The email address of the new team member.
- Role: The role the new team member is supposed to receive. Appdome for Teams offers two different roles. A “Member” is part of the team but cannot edit or change the team itself. A “Leader” can edit the team name and description, add or remove members and enable or disable entitlements (see below) of other team members.
- Entitlements: Appdome for Teams currently offers the following entitlements:
ACCEPT_FUSION_SETS: Approve Fusion Sets received from another team by using the option to release security templates between teams.
- ACCORDION_ANNOTATION: Add an edit annotation to each command section (accordion); for example, OS Integrity.
- APPROVE: Approving an App
- BUILD: Enabling workflow actions by clicking on the Build button on UI or Make a Build API request
- BUILD_SECURITY: Using the Security tab
- BUILD_ACCESS: Using the Access tab
- BUILD_ANALYTICS: Using the Analytics tab
- BUILD_ANTI_FRAUD: Using the Anti-Fraud tab
- BUILD_AUTHENTICATION: Using the Authentication tab
- BUILD_IDENTITY: Using the Identity tab
- BUILD_MANAGEMENT: Using the Management tab
- BUILD_MOBILE_THREATS: Using the Mobile Threat tab
- BUILD_ANALYTICS: Using the Analytics tab
- BUILD_COLLABORATION: Using the Collaboration tab
- CONTEXT: Adding Context to an app
- COPY_FUSION_SETS_INTO: Copying Fusion Sets from one team to another
- COPY_FUSED_BUILDS_INTO: Copying builds from one team to another
- DELETE: Deleting an app
- DEPLOY: Deploying an app
- DOWNLOAD_FILES_FROM_FUSION_SETS: When uploading files and then deploying an app, entitlkement to download the relevant file in the Summary screen
- DUPLICATE_TEAM – A “super-user” entitlement to duplicate an existing team with all its configurations (e.g. members and Fusion sets)
- EDIT_FUSION_SETS: Editing a Fusion Set
- FREEZE_UNFREEZE_APPDOME_VERSION: Using the Fusion Set Summary screen to freeze and unfreeze the Appdome version
- RELEASE_FUSION_SETS_INTO – Entitlement to release a Fusion Set to another team
- RESTORE_FUSION_SET – Create a fusion set from an old version (Fusion Set history)
- SIGN: Signing an app
- UPLOAD: Uploading an app
- View Certified Secure – Access to download a certificate from the team to which the user belongs.
- View ThreatScope – Access to view ThreatScope data for the team to which the user belongs.
In the CSV file, each row corresponds to a new member and each member should have all the types of values explained above. The data in each row in the CSV should be structured as follows:
For your CSV to be in the right format, ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Email, role, and entitlements are in separated columns
- Leader and Member are written in like this, with the first letter upper-cased
- Entitlements are written like in the list above, all uppercase and underscore separating the words
- Entitlements are separated by a pipe (“|”)
Download here a CSV example file.
Create a Team with Roles and Entitlements from CSV
To create a team from a CSV file:
- Expand the workspace selection menu at the top left of your screen and select Create Team.
- Enter the name of the requested team.
- Enter the team’s description.
- Click Upload a CSV file and browse for a file.
- Enforce your organization domain verification on the team (optional).
- Click Create New Team.
Invite New Team Members with Roles and Entitlements from a CSV File
To invite new team members:
- Click your Personal Area drop-down list on the upper right side, to expand it.
- Click Team Management.
- Click the + icon next to the current team members.
- Invite team members to collaborate on your team by clicking Upload a CSV file.
- Click Invite.
If you enforce your domain on the team, only invitees from the same domain can be added to a locked team. For more information, review how to enforce your organization domain verification on the team.
How Do I Learn More?
Check out Collaborate using Appdome for Teams or request a demo at any time.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
- How to Create Teams in Mobile DevSecOps Build System to Accelerate Delivery
- How to Release Mobile App Security Templates between Teams
- How to Release Mobile App Protection Templates Between Teams in DevSecOps Build System
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to make mobile integration easy.
We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.