How to Extract Secured iOS App Crash Logs for Troubleshooting
iOS device crash logs are used for troubleshooting apps. Logs are very helpful in finding the root cause of the issues you may be experiencing in an app. This Knowledge Base article provides step-by-step instructions to extract secured iOS App crash logs for troublshooting.
We hope you find this knowledge base useful and enjoy using Appdome!
Easy Steps to Extract Secured iOS Crash Logs for Troubleshooting
In order to gather iOS crash logs, you’ll need:
- Xcode (optional)
- USB cable connected to an iOS device
- The iOS device where the crash occurred
Obtaining App-Specific Crash Logs in Xcode
If you want to get a specific app crash log, you can use Xcode to get it.
- Open Xcode
- Go to the menu bar: Window → Devices and Simulators. Select your iPhone and press the arrow button in the bottom right
- Click View Device Logs
- Right-click on the App Crash and select Export Log
- Enter the log file name and the destination then click Save
Alternative App for Gathering iOS Crash Logs without Xcode
Besides the options above, you can also obtain iOS crash logs using from within the iOS device. Follow these steps:
On your mobile device, open the device settings
Scroll down and open the privacy tab
Click on to open “analytics and improvements”
- Click to open the Analytics data
Locate the relevant crash by the app name and the .ips file extension.
Tap on a crash log and review its content.
Click on the Share button to share it and send it to us.
How Do I Learn More?
Check out our blog for more resources on troubleshooting.
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.