Why Should Developers protect apps Running in Virtualized Environments?
Running mobile games in a virtualized environments is often used to cheat or commit fraud in mobile games. For one, running apps in virtualized environments allow fraudsters to manipulate RAM, networking elements, and other game properties in order to gain advantages. Virtualization apps such as Parallel Spaces allow game cheaters to play games using multiple accounts at the same time, a technique that allows cheaters to bypass licensing checkers and play premium games for free, as well as to conceal their activities for longer periods of time. Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like Anti-Virtualization to any Android app without coding. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily prevent advanced tools from hacking Android apps.
3 Easy Steps to Protect Android apps Using Prevent Virtualization
Please follow these 3 easy steps to add Prevent Virtualization to Android apps.
- Upload an Android App to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk or .aab)
- In the Build Tab, under Anti-fraud, Select Mobile Fraud Prevention and Toggle on Prevent Virtualization (shown below)
- Click Build My App
Congratulations! The Android app is now protected with Prevent Virtualization
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android apps using Prevent Virtualization. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Prerequisites to Use Prevent Virtualization
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- Mobile App (.apk or .aab for Android, .ipa for iOS)
- A license to the Prevent Virtualization feature
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Mobile App Security Resources
Here are a few related resources:
If you have any questions, please send them our way at email@example.com or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.
Thanks for visiting Appdome! Our mission is to secure every app on the planet by making mobile app security easy. We hope we’re living up to the mission with your project. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up for free.