How To Prevent App Screen Sharing for DLP in Android & iOS
This Knowledge Base article describes 3 Easy Steps to Prevent Screen Sharing for DLP, Android & iOS Apps and protect mobile privacy and ensure data loss prevention. No Code, Zero Dev, No SDK.
We hope you find it useful and enjoy using Appdome!
What Does Prevent App Screen Sharing for DLP in Android & iOS Protect?
Even when communication and data transfer from an app is restricted, screen sharing, screen recording, and screenshots may still be used to extract sensitive data. Preventing these functionalities adds additional protection against data leakage.
Appdome is a no-code mobile app security platform designed to add security features, like prevent app screen sharing. This KB shows mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals how to use Appdome’s simple ‘click to build’ user interface to quickly and easily protect mobile privacy and ensure data loss prevention.
This functionality is part of the Mobile Privacy solution, available in Appdome’s Security Suite. When Prevent App Screen Sharing is enabled, the fused app behaves in the following manner:
- In Android, the app will continue to function while screenshots, screen recordings, and mirroring will appear with a black overlay, except on secure displays (i.e. Google Chromecast, Google Home, etc.).
- In iOS, as only Apple can prevent screenshots on the device, Appdome will detect when an external screen recording or mirroring was activated and will display a notification to alert users that taking screenshots is not a permitted action.
3 Easy Steps to Prevent App Screen Sharing for DLP in Android & iOS Apps
Please follow these 3 easy steps to prevent app screen sharing
- Upload an Android or iOS App to Appdome’s no code security platform (.apk, .aab, or .ipa)
- In the Build Tab, under Security, Select Mobile Privacy and Click on the toggle to enable Prevent App Screen Sharing (shown below)
- Click Build My App
Optionally Enable Threat Events to configure this security alert on your app.
Congratulations! You now have a secured mobile app that Prevents App Screen Sharing.
Appdome’s no-code mobile app security platform offers mobile developers, DevSec and security professionals a convenient and reliable way to protect Android and iOS apps with prevent app screen sharing. When a user clicks “Build My App,” Appdome leverages a microservice architecture filled with 1000s of security plugins, and an adaptive code generation engine that matches the correct required plugins to the development environment, frameworks, and methods in each app.
Prerequisites for protecting apps with prevent app screen sharing
Here’s what you need to build secured apps with prevent app screen sharing
- Appdome account (If you don’t have an Appdome account, create a free Appdome account here)
- Mobile App (.ipa for iOS, or .apk or .aab for Android)
- Signing Credentials (e.g., signing certificates and provisioning profile)
No Coding Dependency
How to Sign & Publish Secured Mobile Apps Built on Appdome
After successfully securing your app using Appdome, there are several available options to complete your project, depending on your app lifecycle or workflow. These include:
- Signing Secure iOS and Android apps
- Customizing, Configuring & Branding Secure Mobile Apps
- Deploying/Publishing Secure mobile apps to Public or Private app stores
Or, see this quick reference Releasing Secured Android & iOS Apps built on Appdome.
More Data Loss Prevention Resources
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.